With the increasing popularity of hot tubs, more and more people are finding themselves enjoying this means of relaxing and socializing. Buying a hot tub, however, is not quite as simple as buying a new TV or microwave. There is much more of a financial commitment, so it is important to do the homework first before making the plunge. You will need to consider many things such as budget, size, placement, maintenance, storage, etc. Here is some information that will help you make your decision:
Portable hot tub vs. portable hot tub?
Terminology can sometimes be misleading, so it is important to understand at the outset what is meant by “portable”. By way of definition, a portable tub is one which can be moved from one location to another, hence the term “portable”. This is somewhat loosely defined, however, as it covers all makes and models from the small inflatable variety to the sturdy variety that can only be moved with a crane.
If you are considering the purchase of a hot tub, you should begin by becoming very well informed. The following questions will guide your thinking:
• Will you be using your hot tub on a regular basis? If so, you should consider a model that is durable and resilient as compared to an inflatable model. Inflatable models are not intended to be used as permanent tubs, and will require storage when not in use. If you should choose an inflatable model, will you have the space required to store it?
• Another thing to remember about inflatable tubs is that they can’t easily be used during the winter time.
If sitting in your hot tub out under the stars with the snow gently falling is something appealing to you, then maybe an inflatable tub is not the way to go.
• Will a large part of your socializing be spent in or around your hot tub? If this is the case, you will want to take into account many things such as the size of tub, the style of deck or placement of tub, the overall landscaping of your yard if this is a build-it-from-scratch-design or a complete makeover of your back yard. Make sure to research the many models available on the market today before making your final decision.
• Will you want to add accessories as time goes on and your needs change? Be sure to find out if accessories can be added to any tub you might consider purchasing.
• What type of tubs are available in your budget range? It is easy to be taken in by a beautiful model with all the bells and whistles and overlook the fact that it may not be within your budget just now.
• Are you aware of the regular maintenance that accompanies hot tub ownership? It is important to be aware that regular maintenance is required as well as the chemicals and supplies needed to keep your tub operating at peak efficiency. This involves commitment on your part as well as a maintenance budget.
These are just a few of the things to think about when considering a purchase of this magnitude. The choice is yours, and with plenty of research on your part, you should be able to find the style of portable hot tub that will satisfy your needs.
Here is a great infographic for your viewing.